3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What's the Deal on Heels?


      The reason I am doing this post is because today I bought the absolute cutest pair of heels. They are round toe, 4", red velvet pumps. Well, more like a stiletto. Anyway, my mom said to me "these would look great with skinny jeans." And I said, "yeah they would but these heels aren't exactly wear around town for no reason heels. They're party shoes." And so, now I'm going to help you decide when and where your heels will work.

Stilettos: If your heels fall into the stiletto category (as in really thin heel, like the picture above) take precautions. If you really want to wear them out on the town, then by all means go ahead. But, these shoes are usually more appropriate for a party, dance, wedding, etc.

1-3 inch heels: These are probably the most common heels. They usually aren't too flashy and have a nice sturdy heel to walk on. These heels are perfect for work, a family dinner, or just because you feel like being taller.

Chunky Heel: These are really in style right now, and it makes a lot of sense. They are insanely cute and as easy to walk in as wedges (sometimes easier). I think that they are the perfect everyday heel, if you are into wearing heels for no apparent reason like me. 

Wedges: Like the "chunky heel" they are super easy to walk in. I personally only like them for spring and summer, but hey you're the ones wearing them. 

Kitten Heel: These are probably my least favorite heels. Don't get me wrong, they can be extremely cute, but I just feel that if you're going to wear a heel, wear a heel. However, if you are really tall and don't want to add too much height, these are perfect for you. As a short person though, they aren't the right heel for me.

(helpful hint: walking in heels for a long time really hurts your feet. Investing in a Dr. Scholl's for Her comfy pad for the balls of your feet is a really great idea.)

     Hope you liked the post. Comment below or shoot us an email. We love to hear feedback! Also, if you have any ideas for the blog, let us know!

Love,
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you! Thank you!