3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

Monday, August 8, 2011

Fashion your Style


      Fashion changes from day to day, but only YOU can decide what style is. I have been recently inspired by Lauren Conrad’s book "Style". If you haven’t checked out this book, I highly recommend it. Not only does she talk about making fashion your own but it also talks about cleaning out your closet, wearing accessories, and much more. However, I am not writing this post to advertise a book, I am going to talk about what this site is all about and about my 10 favorite essentials in your closet.
     First of all, let me introduce this part of the site. "Style" is all about expressing yourself through your clothes, accessories, and through making current fashion trends your own. My co-founder Carey and I will alternate writing each day about something different: style 911s, how to get celebrities' style for less, cool finds, trends, and so much more. If you have something you want us to write about, just want to say hi, don’t agree, or agree completely, leave a comment!

    So in Lauren Conrad's book, one of the first things she talks about is wardrobe essentials. I think it’s true that you don’t really know what you think is essential until you have to pick your top ten things out of your closet. So, deciding to take the challenge, here are my ten items that I think everyone needs in their closet.

-An awesome pair of jeans: whether they are skinny, flare, or boot cut, a great fitting pair of jeans is a must. They are comfortable and can make or break an outfit. You can’t go wrong with a nice dark wash!
 
- A leather jacket: I absolutely love my leather jacket. It really pulls an outfit together. Any color works. (I personally have a dark brown) There are tons of styles, cuts, and a color, so find one that you love and looks great.

- Cami (or tank top): I love to layer camis under shirts to make them look totally different, or under other camis make’s cute layered look too! A white or black is essential. 

- A fun pair of flats: Shoes are my favorite thing to shop for. Whether a pink zebra stripe, a purple plaid, or a cheetah print, I love them all. And, they can be a pick me up in a dull outfit. A red pair with a black dress or a fun print with a skinny jean, you can’t go wrong.

- A sweater: There are so many different kinds of sweaters: Button down, oversized, pull over, the list is endless. I love oversized when I’m relaxing and a nice button down to pull an outfit together. They are great in the in- between season when it’s getting cooler outside but it’s not cold enough to wear a sweatshirt.

-A v-neck shirt: A short sleeve V-Neck shirt is a must. They are simple enough to just wear around or you can dress them up with a skirt and sweater. Again, there are so many styles to choose from, you are bound to find one that you love. I like some of mine to have patterns.

-A plaid shirt- They come in an unlimited amount of colors. You can role the sleeves up when it’s cool outside or role them down when it’s cold. I love them with a light wash jean and boots.

-LBD: A little black dress can be worn in so many ways. In fact, this is one thing that I think a lot of people would agree with. You can wear them with a sweater, jacket, shrug, or just the dress. They look cute with virtually any color shoe and look really fancy or casual.


-A cute skirt: Whether it’s fun and flirty, little and tight, or a combination of both a skirt is a must. I love ones with fun prints. They are perfect for dinner, shopping, or parties.

- A pair of black shoes: This one is up to what you like. A black pair of heels, boots or flats looks good with pretty much any outfit.

Well those are my 10 essential items. Leave a comment with a list of yours if you are willing to take the challenge!
Love
Emma

p.s. it wouldnt let me upload the pictures so I will find a way to get them to you! 

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for the advice! I think your really good with fashion and i love Lauren Conrad too!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you! Thank you!