Let’s start with the basics: Just like everyone is different, every pair of jeans is different. What looks amazing on your friend may not look as good on you. That’s OK! It’s important to find YOUR jean style. So here is the breakdown:
Tall and Thin: a,b,d,e,f
Short and Straight: a,e,f,c
Tall and Curvy: b,c,d,e,f
Short and Curvy: b,d,e,f
Somewhere in between: a,b,c,d,e,f
(These are JUST recommendations. If you try on the suggested style and they don’t look good, no worries! Just try in styles until you find one you adore!)
a. a.Skinnys are one of the best pair of jeans for you! Try them in a dark wash for the full effect! (Plus, they go with pretty much everything!)
b. b. Boot legs are the way-to-go! Why not get a ripped pair? They are so cute and give your outfit an edgy feel! I love the worn out color washes in the knees and thighs!
c. c. Flare. Yes, they are making a comeback! I think they look best in a lighter wash.
d. d. Boyfriend relaxed jeans will look amazing! Dark or light, doesn’t matter!
e. e.EVERYONE needs a pair of dark wash jeans. If it is already recommended, great! If not, I strongly suggest finding a pair that you LOVE!
f. f. Straight leg jeans look good on short, tall, super skinny, and curvy girls! Have fun experimenting with rips, tears, and colors that you like!
Where to buy:
I LOVE Delia’s jeans. They may be a little pricey but they have pretty much a style and size for everyone. The workers there are always really helpful! I ended up buying a pair of ripped jeans that are one of my favorites now because a lady suggested it!
Pac Sun has great jeans too! If you are shorter, they have new sizes just for you!
Hollister just got a new line of jeans in. I haven’t checked out the prices or the quality but, it might be worth checking!
How to find your perfect pair:
I HATE trying things on. I swear, those changing rooms are every girl’s worst enemies. What’s worse is the whole “size” situation. You might think your one size, but your jeans beg to differ. So how do I battle all these things?
- - Bring multiple sizes and styles into the changing room, even if you don’t think you will need/want them.
- - Try on every pair. Then, mix them up and try them on without looking at the sizes. It will take away the pressure of what size you are trying on and let you focus on how they actually look and feel.
- -Feel good going in. If you are having a bad day, don’t go jean shopping. Chances are you aren’t going to buy anything good. Also, look your best. If you look in the mirror and you don’t like what you see, then you aren’t going to like the jeans either. If you feel confident and pretty then you are more likely to buy a better pair of jeans!
- -Ask for help. Yes that’s right, talk to the people that are in the store. They are there to help. Even if it’s just asking for another size, it can really help to have someone that works there backing you up :)
- - Bring a trusted friend. Having someone waiting outside, cheering you on, and letting you know from their point of view can take away some of the frustration of that florescent lighting and skinny mirrors.
It’s happened to the best of us: You’re in the dressing room, admiring how awesome you look in those jeans. All of the outfits you can make with them are rushing through your head. Then, you look down and catch a glimpse of the tag. Yikes! What do you do?
Do you REALLY love them, or are you just caught up in the moment? If you do love them, and know you are going to wear them GET ‘EM! It’s all about cost per wear. If they cost a lot, but you will also wear them a lot, it’s worth it. However, if you are just caught up in the moment, some back. Ask the people working there if you can put them on hold. At the end of your shopping day, try them back on. Still love them? Get them! If not, you just saved yourself a whole lot of cash!
-Here are two great tips when it comes to jeans that are too long, but fit everywhere else, or are too big in the waist but the perfect length: belts and hemming. Seems simple right? That’s because it is! Just add a belt or hem them!
-Bright jean colors are in again! I am personally excited to try them! Anyone with me?
Jean shopping should be a fun thing! All those styles just waiting for you to try them! So have fun with it! If you strike out, no worries! Just try again some other time! I hope this post helped! Feel free to leave your best jean shopping tips and tricks in the comments! Love this post? Hate it? Have a better idea for one? Let us know! Comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure you “follow” us!
3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making every day more beautiful.