3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

3 girls, 1 blog, and the pursuit of making everyday more beautiful

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rain Down on Me

Rain Water: good or bad for your hair. That is the question I have been going crazy trying to answer. Some say that it is great for your hair, that the clouds act as a natural filter and therefore the combination of that and the natural water makes your hair soft and silky. Others say that because of acid rain, pollution and other gross things, it is horrible for your hair. That it was once good for your hair but, because of the environment it is no longer safe. Even though I am guilty of going out and dancing in the rain until my hair is completely soaked, the second option makes more sense to me(and to more experts). So, how do you save your hair from those rainy days?
                Rain makes your hair brake easier, and therefore makes it frizzy. Also, all of those pollutants cannot be good for it. So, after you come inside, take a shower with a regular shampoo (nothing too crazy because your hair is already somewhat stripped of the natural oils) and a good conditioner. Lice are big in the rainy season and, because of the high humidity and the wet hair, dandruff is also common. So, keep lice medication and dandruff shampoo handy. If you already have dandruff, I do not recommend getting soaked in the rain (sorry).
                On a personal note: As I am sitting here writing this and I can’t help but feel guilty. Why, you ask? Well, because I was out in the rain pretty much all day yesterday, thought that rain water was good for your hair, and thus have not washed my hair yet. However, when I run my fingers through it, it does feel really silky and doesn’t smell horrible. However it is pretty frizzy and feels almost spongy. I can’t tell from sitting here if it is stripped of oils and is damaging it but hey, it’s soft. Now, is it worth it? I can’t tell you. But one thing is for sure, whether it’s bad for your hair or not, rain is perfect for the soul.
Love
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you! Thank you!